Healing the Paralytic Mark 2:1-12
October 2, 2016 Series: Stand Alone Sermons
Passage: Mark 2:1–2:12
- Friends want to get their friend to Jesus for healing so much that they tear a whole in the roof.
- Jesus' response surprises everyone.
- To show that He has the authority to forgive sins Jesus heals the paralytic
- Jesus has authority and uses it
- Who we assume Jesus is, is not alway who Jesus really is.
- Jesus claims to be God with His authority.
- Health and spirituality are linked
- The Kingdom of God is here
- The paralytic had to be carried to Jesus by others and we carry people to Jesus through prayer.
- This story is a picture of the Gospel
- Jesus carries in the outsiders